Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Posts
Posted on February 11, 2020 at 5:16 PM by Danielle Richard
Payment Site (SPAR-Wildwood Park)
7401 Jewella Ave. Shreveport, LA 71108
(318) 673-7748 or (318) 673-7749
Air Port Community Center
6500 Kennedy Dr.
Shreveport, LA 71109
Evangel Christian Academy
7425 Broadacres Rd.
Shreveport, LA 71129
Bilberry Community Center
1902 Alabama Ave.
Green Oaks Performing Arts Academy
2550 Thomas E. Howard Dr.
Shreveport, LA 71107
Bill Cockrell Community Center
4109 Pines Road
Shreveport, LA 71119
Huntington High School (HHS)
6801 Rasberry Ln.
Booker T. Washington High School (BTW)
2104 Milam St.
Shreveport, LA 71101
Lakeside Community Center
2200 Milam St.
David Raines Community Center
2929 Round Grove Ln
Princess Park Community Center
931 Baker St.
Shreveport, LA 71101 (318) 673-7815
Southern Hills Community Center
1002 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71118
Valencia Park Community Center
1800 Viking Dr.
Youth Divisions: will play NFHS rules.
Open Men Division: will play NFHS rules with only 1 modification.
*Players will be allowed to leave their respective lane spaces after the release of the shot on free throws.*
2. Ejection: An ejection may occur if an individual or team fights, uses foul language, refuses to leave the premises, or exhibits a pattern of criticism and disrespect towards an official or city employee. Ejections will result with the individual, team or fan banned for the remainder of the tournament and must leave the premises.
3. Playing with Multiple Teams: Players can only play with one (1) team. Any player confirmed to have played with two teams; player and unofficial team played with will be disqualified from the tournament. It will be up to opposing team to make protest of alleged illegal player and prove their case to tournament director.
4. Eligibility: Current and active high school / collegiate student- athletes are ineligible. Note: If you are on or ever was on a high school / collegiate roster for the 2019-2020 basketball season you are ineligible to play in this tournament.
5. Protests: Team protests shall be made before the completion of the second half of game play. Protest shall be made to the respective gym supervisor or tournament director. The only ground for lodging a protest is player eligibility. Note: Official judgment calls will not be accepted as grounds for protest. All final decisions will be made by the Tournament Director. If protesting more than one player, each player protested must have individual protest paperwork and a separate protest fee. Protest fees are $25 per protest. If the protest is won by the coach/team the $25 will be refunded.
6. Fouls: Each player will be allowed 5 fouls.
7. Game Time: Eighteen (18) minute halves***. Running time***Clock will stop on time outs, last two minutes of second half, and at referees’ discretion(injury, etc..). There will be a (5) minute half time at the end of the first half of each game.
8. Uniforms: Every team must have jerseys with numbers. Each team must bring both dark & light color jerseys with numbers.
9. Team Roster: Team rosters must be turned in to gym supervisor/official scorer’s table 15 minutes prior to game time. If you are a coach and serving as a player/coach, you must be listed on official team roster to enter game as player.
10. Grace Period: There shall be no grace period on the start of games. Teams are responsible for being at gym site and ready to play according to tournament brackets. Otherwise, game time is forfeit time.
11. Balls: Gym supervisors will furnish game basketball. Team must furnish practice ball(s).
12. Time Outs: (1) Full time out and (1) 20 second time out each half. Time outs will not carry over. Same applies to overtime. Time outs do NOT advance the ball. Each overtime period is considered a new half. Therefore every new overtime period each team will be awarded (1) Full time out and (1) 20 second time out. Note: Time outs will not carry over from overtime to the next overtime.
13. Overtime: First overtime will be 3 minutes running clock. Clock will stop for time outs during the last minute and at referee’s discretion. Additional overtimes will be 2 minutes with the same rules.
14. Eliminations: Double elimination tournament with single CHAMPIONSHIP game.
15. Technical Fouls: NFHS administration of technical fouls will apply to all Divisions.
16. Identification: (Youth Divisions Only)—each coach shall have a copy of a birth Certificate, state issued ID or a passport of every player on the team roster at every game played.
17. Hold Harmless Agreement: Each player must sign a hold harmless agreement (Adult) Parent signed permission slip (Youth) prior to playing first game. In addition, each player must be listed and sign a team roster prior to first game.
18. It is the responsibility of each Head Coach & Assistant Coach to REQUIRE all players & fans to exhibit good sportsmanship throughout the course of the Tournament.
*Rules are subject to be change or modified by Tournament Director, Shalon E. Lewis, and/or Co-Tournament Director, Sarah E. Metoyer.*
“Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s legacy” through Basketball.