1000 Milam Street
Shreveport, LA 71101
Find it on a Map
In 1977, Oakland Cemetery was listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The earliest tombstone dates back to 1842.
The cemetery officially opened 1847 and was originally called “City Cemetery”. The name was officially changed in 1905. At least 16 mayors are buried here as well as some 1,000 Confederate veterans and soldiers.
Click here to visit their website.
To access the SPAR Cemetery Management System, click here.